- Texas Science Standards and March Madness: Did We Win or Lose?
As the dust settles, activists in Texas review the outcome of interactions between the hard-line antiscience faction and moderate board members.
- Testimony Before the Texas State Board of
NCSE's Public Information Project Director makes clear to the board the strengths and weaknesses of the proposed compromises to science education standards.
- Collapse of a Texas Quote Mine
Much of the antiscience "evidence" in Texas relied on quote mining. Further analysis suggests that the quoter never read the original work, only misleading secondary sources.
- Changes in the Texas State Science Standards
A summary of the various amendments and their dispositions.
- McLeroy Under Scrutiny
Is the role of the chair of a state board of education to undermine science education?
- The January Amendments
Steven Newton, Joshua Rosenau, and Eugenie C Scott
The first — but not the last — salvo of the attack on the science education dtandards produced by the science writing committee: an analysis.
News from California, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Vermont, Washington, Canada, and Turkey.
- News from the Membership
What our members are doing to support evolution and oppose pseudoscience wherever the need arises.
- New Faces at NCSE
Meet the new staff and say farewell to old friends.
- NCSE Honors "Friends of Darwin" for 2005
We recognize outstanding efforts in promoting evolution.
- The Kilosteve
Project Steve's 1000th "Steve" is Steven P Darwin.
- Facing Challenges to Evolution Education
A classic NCSE brochure from Molleen Matsumura that is still relevant to 21st-century anti-evolutionism.
- Books: From NCSE's Supporters
These books show the breadth and depth of the science that supports evolution and that our Supporters practice.
- NCSE On the Road
Check the calendar here for NCSE speakers.
- People & Places: Dayton,Tennessee
Famous for the Scopes trial, Dayton has preserved numerous landmarks from the events in 1925.
- Evolution and Religious Creation Myths: How Scientists Respond
by Paul F Lurquin and Linda Stone
Reviewed by Randy Moore
- Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters
by Donald R Prothero
Reviewed by Peter Dodson
- Only a Theory: Evolution and the Battle for America's Soul
by Kenneth R Miller
Reviewed by Andrea Bottaro
- Rebel Giants
by David R Contosta
Reviewed by Sherrie Lyons
- Adam's Ancestors: Race, Religion, and the Politics of Human Origins
by David N Livingstone
Reviewed by J David Pleins
- God or Gorilla: Images of Evolution in the Jazz Age
by Constance Areson Clark
Reviewed by Marcel Chotkowski LaFollette
- Why Evolution is True
by Jerry Coyne
Reviewed by Donald R Prothero
- Trying Leviathan
by D Graham Burnett
Reviewed by Arthur M Shapiro
- Worlds before Adam:The Reconstruction of
Geohistory in the Age of Reform
by Martin JS Rudwick
Reviewed by Paul D Brinkman