- New Mexico's Science Standards Do not Support the
Concept of "Teach the Controversy"
Marshall Berman and David Thomas
When ID proponents failed to change science education standards, they tried to spin the committee's decision.
- Carl Baugh ... Archaeologist?
When an activist opposes the inflated credentials of pseudoscientists in Northern California, he is in for a pleasant surprise.
- Divine Design in Utah?
A state legislators keeps threatening to insert religion into the science curriculum.
- Creationists Sue the University of California
At stake: can a university enforce standards concerning pre-college academic preparation?
- President Bush Addresses "Intelligent Design"
Recent comments show the President's take on science.
News from California, Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
- News from the Membership
A sampling of our members' activities and accomplishments.
- The Ugly Underside of Altruism
David P Barash
If our genes promote altruism toward closely related others, can they also promote antipathy to those most different?
- The Accidental Creationists: Why Evolutionary
Psychology is Bad for the Teaching of Evolution
If genes encode our behaviors, then why does evolutionary psychology shy away from some obvious conclusions?
- Evolution and the Biology of Morality
How can we use evolution to understand the emergence of behaviors that we would consider "moral"?
- Bush Science Is a Dangerous Slope
The editors of Indian Country Today
The editors of a leading Native American newspaper ponder the President's take on science and religion.
- Bird Flu, Bush, Evolution — and Us
The evolving strains of influenza virus demonstrate evolution in action.
- Evolution is a Winner — for Breakthroughs and
How many of the last 50 Nobel Prizes in Medicine are based on research informed by and based on evolutionary theory?
- Would We All Behave Like Animals?
If we accept our evolutionary roots, are we "just" animals?
- Books: Evolutionary Psychology: Sic et Non
Books that explore the concepts and critiques of evolutionary psychology.
- NCSE On the Road
An NCSE speaker may be coming to your neighborhood. Check the calendar here.
- Letters: Steve Bratteng's 13 Answers
by Jerry A Coyne and H Allen Orr
Reviewed by Norman A Johnson
- Law, Darwinism, and Public Education
by Francis J Beckwith
Reviewed by Todd Mollan, Bradley J Consentino and Jason J Williams
- Why is a Fly not a Horse?
by Giuseppe Sermonti
Reviewed by Andrea Bottaro
- Faith-Based Government: The Republican War on Science
by Chris Mooney
Reviewed by Robert L Park
- Paradigms on Pilgrimage
by Stephen J Godfrey and Christopher R Smith
Reviewed by Daryl P Domning
- The Trial of John T Scopes
by Steven P Olson
Reviewed by Glenn Branch
- Evolution, Creationism, and Other Modern Myths
by Vine Deloria Jr
Reviewed by H David Brumble
- Glimpses of the Wonderful
by Ann Thwaite
Reviewed by Robert Ackerman
- The Piltdown Forgery
by Joseph S Weiner
Reviewed by Jim Foley
- Controversy, Catastrophism, and Evolution
by Trevor Palmer
Reviewed by Hiram Caton