- Darwin Year in the Netherlands: A Time to Reflect
Though there is strong scientific and official support for evolution in the Netherlands, there are opponents, too. Both sides are using the Darwin bicentennial to rally their supporters.
News from Alabama, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Texas.
- News from the Membership
What our members are doing to support evolution and oppose pseudoscience wherever the need arises.
- NCSE Encourages Federal Scientific Integrity
Words of advice to the new staff and advisors of federal science policy and science-related programs and projects.
- NCSE Honors "Friends of Darwin" for 2006
We recognize outstanding efforts in promoting evolution.
- NCSE Thanks You
Words of appreciation for all those who have supported NCSE financially in recent months.
- Unintelligent Design: Interview with Mark Perakh
Mark Perakh discusses his book, his scientific career, and his hopes and concerns about the future of scientific literacy.
- Whither "Intelligent Design" Creationism?
Lawrence S Lerner
With the constitutional door firmly slammed against IDC in Dover, which of the few remaining pathways will IDC proponents explore to try to claim legitimacy?
- "Intelligent Design": Wave of the Future or Ghost of the Past?
Once the dominant scientific framework,"intelligent design"was replaced because it was unproductive. Why go back there?
- What is "Intelligent Design" Creationism?
An adaptation of a recent NCSE brochure that explores the basics of IDC.
- "Intelligent Design" On Trial
These books explore and critique "intelligent design" creationism from a diversity of perspectives.
- NCSE On the Road
Check the calendar here for NCSE speakers.
- People & Places: William Paley, 1743–1805
This icon of 18th- and 19th-century natural philosophy was not the first to use a timepiece as a metaphor for arguments from design.
- Lost Explorers? Review essay of Exploring Evolution: The Arguments For and Against Neo-Darwinism
by Stephen C Meyer, Scott Minnich, Jonathan Moneymaker and Paul A Nelson
Reviewed by John Timmer
- Critique of Intelligent Design: Materialism versus Creationism from Antiquity to the Present
by John Bellamy Foster, Brett Clark, and Richard York
Reviewed by Arthur McCalla
- Darwin Day in America: How Our Politics and Culture Have Been Dehumanized in the Name of Science
by John G West
Reviewed by Mark E Borrello
- Intelligent Design: Science or Religion? Critical Perspectives
edited by Robert M Baird and Stuart E Rosenbaum
Reviewed by Taner Edis
- The Devil in Dover: An Insider's Story of Dogma v Darwin in Small-Town America
by Lauri Lebo
Reviewed by Burt Humburg
- The Cell's Design: How Chemistry Reveals the Creator's Artistry
by Fazale Rana
Reviewed by Frank Steiner