- Evolution and the Elections
Glenn Branch and Eric Meikle
Win some, lose some, as the expression goes. Evolution education and whether to teach so-called alternatives were a part of a number of political campaigns in 2006.
- Devolution and Dinosaurs: The Anti-Evolution Seminar in the European Parliament
A member of the European Parliament sponsored a "seminar" on "intelligent design"; some familiar faces showed up to tell the same old stories.
- Turkish Creationist Movement Tours
American College Campuses
Active in Turkey for over a decade, the followers of Harun Yahya have begun to spread their message across North America using tactics and arguments familiar to those who follow "intelligent design" proponents and biblical creationists — but with an Islamic twist.
News from Kansas, Mississippi, New Mexico, Tennessee, and France.
- Knowing the Age of the Earth
The geological sciences speak out.
- Books: Rock of Ages; Ages of Rock
Books that examine the earth and its history.
- NCSE On the Road
An NCSE speaker may be coming to your neighborhood. Check the calendar here.
- Time to Accumulate Chloride Ions in the World's
Oceans — More than 3.6 Billion Years: Creationism's Young Earth Not Supported
Lorence G Collins
Chloride ions make up one of the basic components of ocean salt, among other important compounds. Geologists studying the natural processes by which chloride ions accumulate in the ocean waters (mostly as salt) and in other geologic formations can estimate the age of the earth's oceans.
- Evolution: Dollars and Sense — A View Beyond the Gas Station
The ultimate challenge for Flood creationists is to locate productive, economically viable petroleum preserves using only their young-earth models of Flood-derived fossil and hydrocarbon deposits.
- How Does the Sun Shine?
Although "intelligent design" is usually argued on the basis of biological processes on earth, the argument is really about the nature and process of scientific inquiry. This historical example about explaining the basis of the sun's energy reminds us that modern scientific inquiry is valued because it works!
- Will the Real ID Please Stand Up?
If it is enough for "intelligent design" to generate discussion, then this conference was a success for the movement. However, even scholars predisposed to be sympathetic find ID lacking as science.
- "Intelligent Design": A Lamb in Wolf's Clothing
"Intelligent design" pretends to be hard-hitting, cutting-edge science, but in reality it offers little more than simulacra of explanations with no scientific power.
- Hymn of Praise to the Intelligent Designer
A response to "intelligent design" in verse.
- Creation as Science: A Testable Model Approach to End the Creation/Evolution Wars by Hugh Ross
Reviewed by Timothy H Heaton
- Who Was Adam? A Creation Model Approach to the Origin of Man by Fazale Rana with Hugh Ross
Reviewed by Jeffrey K McKee
- Earth: An Intimate History by Richard Fortey
Reviewed by Neil Wells