From "Evolutionists do it with increasing complexity" to "Honk if you understand punctuated equilibria," NCSE has long been your go-to place for clever evolution bumper stickers. But now that NCSE is also defending the teaching of climate science, it's time to update the inventory — and it could be with your brilliant idea.
The theme: climate change
The goal: to spread the word about climate change, climate change denial, and/or the need for climate science education.
("Climate change is real," "Teach climate change," "My other car is a hockey stick" ... yeah, we've already thought of those. Keep thinking!)
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules & regulations:
- Be original. Run a Google search and make sure your slogan hasn't been used or overused.
- Size constraints. Your basic bumper sticker is about 2.75" high and about 15" wide. That's enough room for up to two lines of text, approximately 22 characters across (including spaces) per line. Remember: shorter is better.
- Submit as many bumper sticker slogans as you like. Winning slogans become the property of NCSE for all time. By emailing your entry to email@example.com, you warrant that the slogan is your own work, to which you own the copyright, except for any phrases that fall within the scope of fair use, the public domain, or a Creative Commons license.
- Entries must include your full name and postal address. An e-mail address would be good, too.
- Winners will receive one of these prizes: 1) a signed copy of Michael Mann's The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars, 2) NCSE's famed "ooze" T-shirt, 3) a one-year NCSE membership (or a one-year extension of your existing membership), 4) a climate change necktie, or 5) something fabulous we haven't thought of yet.
- Submissions will be accepted between April 8, 2015, and May 31, 2015.